New Contributor
Colossus83

Hamachi on Windows 8

Hey Guys,

I have installed the windows 8 RTM, but now my Hamachi network interface will not load the driver anymore.

Do you guys have any idea how to solve it? I have been trying my louck for 2 days now searching but didnt fix it yet...

New Contributor
wolfgangjr

Re: Hamachi on Windows 8

I feel your pain. I'm sure the official stance right now is that its not supported on Windows 8 yet. Still waiting for official support.

New Contributor
eqblanco

Well you see, I installed win8, then hamachi and, for a time, it was good. However, for no reason, hamachi failed to load configuration... but that seemed to solve itself the moment I enable the Administrator account on win8 (I'm using entreprise edition RTM)

so, you can install hamachi with your normal account, then enable the Administrator one and sign in on that and voilá it seems to work.

I know it's not what we want, but, at least will do for now.

How to enable administrator account on windows 8

"windows key" + "x" to bring a panel on the bottom left corner, select "command prompt admin" 

type the following: net user Administrator /Activate:yes         then hit enter

voilá.

now go to the start screen and select your account name. it will be an option to sign in with the Administrator account.

Hope this will work. 

New Contributor
OriginalO

I recently installed Windows 8 also - on Windows 8 Pro on two different machines and I get roughly or a similar problem.  Hamachi actually will work but there is a network error flag on all the machines in my network - only from the Windows 8 computers.  On my home system it says the driver isn't working correctly - but I can connect to the box remotely.

So it is working - but reporting an error.......  I am sure something will fail at some point soon - just don't know what and when.

New Contributor
vishnureddy17

I just installed windows 8 and I am having so much truble with hamachi. When I install it, the icon in the system tray says Network 2: No Internet Acess and I can't acess the inter net even though I am connected to my home network. When I uninstall Hamachi, the problem goes away.

New Contributor
Cadill

Same problem - yellow flags on all clients that say "tunnel problem".

I've tried turning off Windows Firewall; I've tried re-installing Hamachi.

Not sure what is happening...

Please help!

LogMeIn Contributor
LogMeIn Contributor
pz

Hi,

these are different problems you report and probably nothing to do with Windows 8:

- No Internet access: on the Hamachi network interface you really do not have access to the Internet. You have access to your peers, but that's all. When Windows tries to access a service on the Internet over Hamachi, it will fail, that's why it says no internet acces. That is correct and expected.

- In some cases if you use Wi-Fi, a third party software can turn off your wireless interface if it thinks there is another available wired interface around, Hamachi. That is also unrelated to Windows 8, please see here:  /t5/Hamachi/Hamachi-causes-wireless-network-to-disconnect-from-the-internet/td-p/59146

- the yellow flag is hard to tell if related or not. Please send me a screenshot of your peers tunnel status (right click on peer, details, tunnel details, where you see your links)

Active Contributor
Krinyo

[ Edited ]

I have yellow exclamation mark on Hamachi Network Interface in Device Manager, the driver not loading (code 31), that is why Hamachi not working on Windows 8 (Pro). I'm upgraded from Windows 7.

When this will be fixed??? Or do I need to reinstall Hamachi?

https://plus.google.com/photos/100117713678761720176/albums/5807477910802195905/5807477914093166850

Active Contributor
Krinyo

Reinstall solved my problem.

New Contributor
JC97

Is it possible to get a Hamachi APP on Windows 8 RT?