Active Contributor
tantryl

Failed to connect to the network adapter. Peer is not accessible via VPN.

Not sure what's going on.

Created a new Hamachi network. Can join it with any PC I've tried, and use it in a normal fashion, from any internet connection I've tried... bar one computer.

It joins the network, but gets a little triangle-exclamation warning next to any other computers on the network. If you go into the Properties of any of the other computers, it brings up the Peer Properties box with "error" in the VPN status section. If you hit details, it tells you to look on the Settings tab. On the Settings tab the status is "network adapter error" and the details say "Failed to connect to the network adapter. Peer is not accessible via VPN.".

It can ping 127.0.0.1 and use the internet or anything on the local network without a problem. It cannot ping it's own Hamachi address or any other PC on the Hamachi network, nor use any of the other functions like Browse. Basically everything works but Hamachi.

As mentioned, I've connected several computers to the network from three internet connections. All of them play nice but this one PC.

It hadn't been fired up in a while and had an expired OneCare on it. I've uninstalled that. I've tried it with the Windows Firewall completely disabled with no change to any of the symptoms.

What do I do?

New Contributor
nahuf

Re: Failed to connect to the network adapter. Peer is not accessible via VPN.

I have exactly the same problem. Please HELP.
New Contributor
smokeater

I am also having the exact same problem.  As another bit of information, i don't see Hamachi in the network connections or under the network adaptors list.

Thanks

Active Contributor
tantryl

So. Three people with the problem. 380 have people viewed this thread. No solutions.

That's bleak.

New Contributor
Shadark

Another user with the same problem.
Active Contributor
sakarmike

same problem here.  what i find really strange is the office where i'm having the problem has 4 computers and only one of them has this problem... same set up on all of them going through the same networking gear hooked up to the same ISP, etc...

i've rebooted a million times, disabled everything i could think of that might interfere (firewall, AV, etc...), reinstalled hamachi... nothing has worked.

New Contributor
Asdfghj

[ Edited ]

Same problem under Vista x64, Works fine on XPProSp3. It started with upgrade to new version (2.0.1.64) from 1.x.x.x something

Update: Ok seems that the updgrade just removed the Hamachi network adapter and failed to add it again. There is other thread about it aswell in same forums.

/logmein/board/message?board.id=11&thread.id=665

with no info in it how to fix it

Update2:Uninstalled and reinstalled, installation managed to create missing adapter so its fixed. B4 reinstalling i disabled all other VPN adapters (not sure if that helped)
Message Edited by Asdfghj on 10-28-2009 12:25 PM
Active Contributor
eagle6705

I managed to resolve issue too.

Steps.

Prereq-Please backup Hamachi Configuration Folder before proceding as I seen a few actually get deleted even though the user said to preserve settings

1. Delete Hamachi Network Adapter from Device manager

2. Uninstall Hamachi and reboot

3. Deploy Hamachi from weblink and you should be able to connect properly afterwards

Hope this helps.

Active Contributor
tantryl

The above worked for me. Deleting the adapter, uninstalling, re-installing and re-configuring.

Then I restared the computer. Now it ‘failed to get server address’. Neato.

New Contributor
Asheidin

How am I supposed to delete my adapter when it doesn't show up?

Furthermore, I've attempted to manually install the network adapter, it showed me I created "Hamachi Network Adapter #9" the first time I tried, then proceeded to tell me that there was an error because the file could not be found.

Apparently I'm installing adapters but they aren't showing.

I've tried removing Hamachi registry stuff, but I'm no nearer a solution.