New Contributor
Sunny129

Firefox 22 beta crashes upon login

I've got 4 dedicated distributed computing machines, 3 of which were on the Firefox beta channel up until recently.  after upgrading to version 22, which is still a beta, firefox would stop responding during the LogMeIn login process, specifically immediately after entering the password and clicking OK w/ the mouse (or hitting enter on the keyboard)...it doesn't evenmake it to the next screen (where you can see your login staus with the 3 checkmarks that light up bright green in sequence).  after about 10 seconds and a click on the firefox app, the "(not responding)" message shows up on firefox's title bar.  i solved the problem by simply reverting back to version 21 on all 3 computers, which i believe is the current release version anyways (so its secure enough), and switching back to the release channel so i don't get offered beta versions anymore.

i don't know that its even worth it for the developers to look into since the problem is only with the current beta software and not the current release software, but i thought i'd mention it for those who might stumble across the same problem and don't immediately thin k to revert back to the current release software version and release channel.  also, i didn't exactly scour the forums for this particular issue, but i did do a search and went through the first few pages of recent topics and didn't see anything that caught my eye...so if this topic is a repost of sorts, mods please feel free to delete this thread...

Eric

New Contributor
itcheg

Re: Firefox 22 beta crashes upon login

For what it's worth, I'm experiencing the same issue

New Contributor
Sunny129

i would do exactly as i did and just revert back to the release channel and the latest supported release, version 21.  i don't even know why i had so many computers on the beta channel, let alone just one, as i'm not the type to help beta test mainstream/commercial software due to time constraints anyways.  so unless you need to run the latest beta, going back to the latest supported release solves the problem.

New Contributor
itcheg

My take on this is, things might have changed in Firefox 22 and in six weeks it will be the stable release. If there is an issue that needs addressing/change that needs to be made in the logmein pluggin - then I would rather bring attention to it earlier

New Contributor
Sunny129

my assumption was that by the time v22 becomes the standard release, the problem won't exist anymore.  but i guess that was kind of foolish to just assume the bug would be fixed by the time v22 becomes release software.  that being the case, i'll do what i can to help resolve the bug by reverting back to v22 beta on one of my hosts for troubleshooting purposes should the developers, testers, and forum helpers require it.

Contributor
HLTS-p

same here, white page then not responding when connecting to a desktop in firefox 22 :(

New Contributor
CAD420

Same problem for me too since upgrading to FF22.  Happens on 2 different machines, one WinXP & the other Win7.

If you wait long enough, FF will come back with a message about a non-responding script at:  Script: resource://gre/modules/UserAgentOverrides.jsm:62

If you choose to stop the script FF becomes responsive again.

New Contributor
DiskMan

[ Edited ]

Same here, very annoying. Works fine with IE and Chrome.

New Contributor
CAD420

Uppdated to the FF22b2 today.  Was hoping that might resolve the lockup, alas, same issue.

New Contributor
AJGaz

[ Edited ]

Same problem.  Why hasn't LogMeIn responded to this?  I think the pay version has the same problem.  Is it Firefox or the LogMeIn plug in?  I called support and they told me to commkent here as FREE doesn't get support.  Just started with the latest beta update from Firefox.