New Contributor
Anon7220

Your session has timed out or the host went offline during your connection attempt.

Your session has timed out or the host went offline during your connection attempt.
What does this message meant?
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

RE: Your session has timed out or the host went offline during your connection attempt.

It could be several different things, but I think it might be the settings of the "Idle Time Allowed".

Start to connect to the computer, enter the passcode, and then instead of clicking REMOTE CONTROL, click on PREFERENCES.  Click on the first option - REMOTE CONTROL SETTINGS.  In the top box, labeled GENERAL, look about half way down (in the box) for an option that says "Idle Time Allowed".  It is probably set for about 10 or 20 minutes.  Boost it up to whatever you think is necessary.

If it is set for 20 minutes, if you are idle for that long, you will be disconnected.

Hope this helps you with your problem.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Frequent Contributor
BGlassbrook

RE: Your session has timed out or the host went offline during your connection attempt.

One of three things happened:
  1 -- Your session timed out due to inactivity (or just because it felt like it) as KGHalbe mentions above.
  2 -- The computer shut down or restarted (this could either be you or someone physically present.)
  3 -- The computer was knocked offline for any variety of reasons, and is no longer connected to the internet as far as LMI is concerned.
Anon26119

I can't even get that far.  It won't let me even access the page that says remote control.  Just stops at Session timed out .. .
Anon25790

I know exactly what you mean.

The LMI service on the remote computer is either off or the computer is restarting. This sometimes causes it to appear online but when you click connect it bounces you right back to your computer list with your error message in red letters at the top of the web page.

If it persists more than 20 minutes you need to visit that machine and either reboot it or issue these commands from a DOS prompt

net stop logmein
net start logmein

Cheers!
============================
Andy Myers

Be my friend at www.andymyers.net
New Contributor
loginboy

Re: RE: Your session has timed out or the host went offline during your connection attempt.

I had the same problem when i tried to reboot/logoff-login back to my pc. I enabled windows auto-login feature to solve this problem. Note that this has a drawback that username/password is stored in registry as plain text. Hope it helps.
Active Contributor
Professor

Re: Your session has timed out or the host went offline during your connection attempt.

Hi,

In addition to what others have said, it is also possible that the version of LogMeIn installed on the target PC needs to be updated.
I ran into the same problem when using Mozilla Firefox v3.x to connect to LogMeIn Free v3.0.606.
I was able to connect with IE v7. So I used IE to connect to the target PC and updated LMI to v4.x. After the upgrade of LMI, Firefox connected without a problem.

Which Web browser are you using?
What version of LogMeIn is installed on the target PC?

New Contributor
Ctendell

Re: Your session has timed out or the host went offline during your connection attempt.

I just found and unlikely solution. I use private mode and private browsing in Firefox and IE. I was experience this issue and once i returned to normal browsing the problem went away.

Hope this helps someone.

~Cheers