New Contributor
mirageco

Windows 7 and Logmein

I have search all thought the logmein community support and they all say to get logmein to work on windows 7 download the logmein.zip and run the bat file... and i say what bat file there is none....

can any one provide the a bat file or a way to install the logmein with windows 7??

New Contributor
DFNY

Re: Windows 7 and Logmein

To install LogMeIn right click on the extracted zip file and then left click on "troubleshoot compatibility"

It will check for problems and prompt you to choose a program it worked for last. I chose Vista. Then it will start the install.

Worked for me.

Contributor
collymonster

Hi,Which file exactly within the extracted zip file do you run in "Troubleshoot compatibility" mode?

I tried the logmein.exe and the sustray one but none seemed to work

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
AndyS

I'm not entirely sure if this will help your situation, but someone did post a possible solution on the Miscellaneous board:

http://community.logmein.com/logmein/board/message?board.id=23&message.id=1498

Andy Stefano
Community Relationship Manager, LogMeIn Inc.
New Contributor
lightsbane

Thank you for this post.

For windows 7 and IE users then the above is helpful for you too.

For some reason the logmein program doesnt install at all in any compatibility mode (although I am ashamed to say I hadn't thought of it till this forum)

The zip file does work, and the instructions in the link on the last page are overly simplified.

Basically for IE users, Download the ZIP folder and follow those instructions, and then it will ask you to link logmein to your normal account :D

Thats basically all there is to it.. .for IE open as normal.

Many thanks to the posters, and many thanks for this forum :D  am a happy bunny now whoot!

New Contributor
miklk1973

Here is how it works for me.

It appears log me in wants a domain name when connecting to a Win 7 PC yet it does not give you a domain box.

This works for me from the web and on the iPhone.  (The iPhone does give you a domain box however)

YMMV but I hope this helps .

New Contributor
Bimmer

Mikklk1973, you rock!

Thank you very much for that solution!

New Contributor
jizam

Thanks miklk... that worked for me as well!
New Contributor
kriDje

Wow thanks milkl for helping me out! Everytime I tried to login a 1326 error showed up... I tried everything like forwarding ports and disabling Firewall, but your solution worked for me! :smileywink: thumbs up!

New Contributor
Rick Eveleigh

Brilliant, many thanks, hadn't tried a / but had tried \. Who'd have thought it!