New Contributor
VReggie

How many computers per free account?

I've been using LMI free for a lot of my clients.  I usually set each one up with a free account when I first visit them.

I'm open to paying for a professional subscription, but not at $12.95 per machine per month.  I'd go broke, and having my customers pay for it would be a 24/7 job in and of itself.

Unless there's a software solution here that I haven't yet found, is there a limit to how many computers one LMI account can have (whether it's LMI Free or Pro)?  Is there a yearly fee for a license I could use for up to a certain amount of PCs?

I like the software, I like the premise but I'm a bit reluctant to shell out too much money on something I might use once every 6 months on one of 300+ PCs.  I could probably keep doing what I'm doing by individually signing up different clients, but it becomes a hassle keeping things up to date and logging into different accounts.

Thanks in advance...
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

RE: How many computers per free account?

There has been no mention by LMI as to any limits.  I only have about a dozen computers, but there are people on this board who have over 50 computers set up on their account, all using the FREE program.

I don't know if it is possibly limited by the programming (256, 512, 1024, 32767 - all the computers 'magic' numbers), or not.  As far as I know, there is no specified number, and I know of no one hitting the max.  I would assume that there isn't a max that you will hit.

KGHalbe
--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
New Contributor
VReggie

RE: How many computers per free account?

Seems too good to be true.  I'll keep adding PCs to my account until something changes.  I don't need remote printing or file transfer, so there's no pressing need to purchase a "Professional" license.

The cynic in me is waiting for the hammer to drop.
New Contributor
ianh

Re: RE: How many computers per free account?

I use Free and was wondering the same point. I too would go for Pro but thats limited to a single PC isn't it? So I use Free to cover my handfull of PC's.

Can you use Free and Por in conjunction? Pro on my most frequent used and free on others?

VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

FYI - The thread that you joined was from 2 years ago !  However, I can be a bit more specific in this reply, than I was in my previous reply to this thread.

The is NO LIMIT !!!  And, I doubt that there will be "another shoe dropping".

Some people have claimed to have hundreds, and LMI has stated that there is no limit to the number of computers you can add that use the FREE software.  Of course, this MAY change in the future, but anything that anyone offers is changable.  I seriously doubt that this will be the case - I think LMI really does mean that FREE is FREE.

In answer to your second question, YES, you can have PRO on the computer that you remote into most, and the FREE version of all the others. 

Now, you don't need to worry about that - and just enjoy the program !

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
New Contributor
JanB

Do I understand from the last post here that I can use PRO on my main PC and the Free version on my clients and at the same time have all the features that PRO gives me (file transfer, etc..)

VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

No, that isn't what I meant to imply, and if you read it that way, I am sorry.

If you have 100 computers with FREE on them, and a 101st computer that is loaded with the PRO version, you will ONLY get the PRO features when you call into the 101st computer and access it remotely.  This could be done from ANY of the 100 computers that have the FREE version, or from ANY computer that has no LMI software as long as it has Internet access and a working (supported) operating system and browser.

Now, if you remote control ANY of the 100 computers that have FREE on them, from the machine that has PRO, you do NOT get the PRO features. 

I hope I made it clear, but if not, let me know and I will try again.

--

KGHalbe

Frequent Contributor
Hunt Brothers

List of computers from my current account...

Free Aug 6 2007 Mar 15 2020 Free Unlimited 1237 Unlimited Active

I do purchase LMI Rescue (2 lic) and Ignition.

Most all of my LMI free are for the local schools we help with. They never have any money. But LMI does make money from me with Rescue and Ignition.

Frequent Contributor
esites

I believe this is exactly what LMI wants... Many people learning about their product by using the free version.  It is the best advertising that they can get.  I don't know how many people I have started with free who eventually changed to pro, or who influenced others to try their products.

Through shear numbers, the more people who use their technology either free or pro, the more they will become the standard.

Let's face it, the only real competition to LMI is GoToMyPC, and they definitely have the marketing edge... So the best way to advertise without millions is capital is to get everyone to try it and talk about it... They certainly have done that.

I wish them well, and it is a win win situation since their marketing strategy benefits all of us too.

New Contributor
clepatb

Re: How many computers per free account?

How are you accessing your client's computers? Do you have to use their LogMeIn account? Is there a way to add their computers into your list of computers?

I have LogMeIn Pro, but my sister would like for me to be able to access her computer sometimes to help her out. If I have her install LogMeIn Free on her computer, how can I access it?

Tks!