New Contributor
Anon147606

How do I print remotely

I need help learning how to print a report off the remote comuter from my work station. I have the free version. Do i need the paid version to do this. Please help with instructions.
Thanks
Calif Dreamin
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

RE: How do I print remotely

Just select PRINT and let it print.  It will print at the remote printer.

Maybe you should take a look at the online documentation and it will help you understand how LMI works.  The documentation is located at https://secure.logmein.com/products/free/supportdocs.asp
--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
VIP Contributor
Andy Harvey

LogMeIn Pro enables remote printing. This is not a LogMeIn Free feature.
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

Sorry for the misinformation - I thought you wanted to print the document at the REMOTE computer - which is capable using the FREE version. 

If you want to print a document on your printer, from a remote machine, then this does require a version other than the FREE version.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
New Contributor
Anon147879

email the document to the adderess you are at. then you can print out on the local printer
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

That is fine as long as it is a document.  If it is output from a program, it can be a bit more convoluted to do as you suggest.

It all depends on what is being printed.

--

KGHalbe

New Contributor
Anon145229

ORIGINAL: KGHalbe

That is fine as long as it is a document.  If it is output from a program, it can be a bit more convoluted to do as you suggest.

It all depends on what is being printed.

What I tend to do is use a PDF printer driver to print the program output, then email it to myself.